In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for reading, learning and other Library activities, the Oyo State College of Nursing and Midwifery Library require all visitors to comply with the following General Rules and Regulations. Visitors must also comply with all OYSCONME Ordinances.
Visitors may not engage in conduct that disrupts or interferes with the normal operations of the Library, its staff, or its use by other visitors. Such conduct may include, but is not limited to:
• Harassing or threatening behaviour.
• Using obscene or abusive language or gestures.
• Making unreasonable noise, including loud talking on a cell phone or otherwise.
• Engaging in sexual conduct or lewd behaviour.
• Possessing a knife, gun, or any other weapon in violation of College ordinance.
• Smoking, including electronic cigarettes.
• Using alcohol or illegal drugs.
• Loitering or sleeping at the Library’s entrance.
• Failing to maintain appropriate personal hygiene.
• Soliciting, petitioning, or canvassing.
• Selling or advertising any goods or services.
• Damaging, defacing, or misusing any Library materials or property.
• Engaging in any activity in violation of federal, state, or local law or College or library policies.
Please also be aware that:
• The Library is not responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged in Library premises.
• Library staffs reserve the right to inspect bags or other personal property when visitors enter or leave the Library.
• Clothing and shoes must be worn in the Library.
• Some items in the Library cannot be copied because of copyright laws, poor condition, or donor restriction.
• Library staff may ask visitors to show their library ID at any time.
• Photography and recording are not allowed in Library premises without prior permission.
• Certain rooms and other Library spaces may have additional restrictions.
Visitors who do not follow the Library’s General Rules and Regulations may be asked to leave and may lose their Library privileges. Visitors who violate OYSCONME Ordinances may also be subject to arrest or other legal action.
• All users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times
• All users are required to show their college IDs to the library staff upon entrance to the library
• Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library
• All bags, cases, folders etc. must be left in the luggage area outside the library.
• Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed out to a user
• All users are required to show all items to the library staff before leaving the library
• No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff
• Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library material will be expected to pay for the material with the most current edition of the same
• Good order must be observed in the library at all times. For example placing of feet on the furniture, eating and drinking, smoking, sleeping etc. will not be allowed
• Group discussions are not allowed in the library
• Use of sound equipment like radios, Walkman, cell phones etc. is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs
• Seats in the library are not to be reserved
• Users are not allowed to re-shelf books after removing them from the shelf. Leave the books on the table or on the trolley near the door
• No library equipment may be moved, modified or tampered with without permission from the librarian.